$139.00 excl. tax
The Melany works for putting on and taking off compression garments.
This product has replaced The Steve and The Simon. Putting on and taking off compression garments if you can not reach past your feet. The strength of this product is that it works both for on and off.
- To get the stockings past the heel by combining arm and leg strength.
- A good solution for removing stockings if you are able to reach your ankles.
- When reaching the feet or past the feet, is a problem because of back, abdominal or hip problems.
- The long, sturdy, and comfortable handles allow you to put on compression stockings without bending over.
- Adjustable length handles
- Reduces how far you need to bend over for taking off stockings.
- Reduces time spent in an uncomfortable bent-over position.
- The curved shape behind the heel prevents the heel from getting stuck.
- Seems to work best with 20-30mmHg garments. We have seen it work with 30-40mmHg as well, but can be difficult at times. For higher grade compression garments, try Doff N Donner with the PikStick reacher.
- It does require some grip strength and coordination to load the stocking on the frame. Grip gloves do help.
- You do need some flexibility at the ankle to point your toes down. The Ezy As requires less ankle flexion but only works for putting the stocking on, not off.